Thursday 27 September 2018

Virar Among The Hidden Treasure of Mumbai - Joyville Virar


Mumbai has so many beautiful places to visit and yet there are a few places in this city that have gone unnoticed. One such place is Virar. Although many real estate companies in Mumbai are heading towards this treasure, it is still an undiscovered one. I found out about this hidden treasure when I visited my Aunt’s flat in Virar during my vacations. Since I love to explore, I went to take a tour of the city with my cousins. From my travel diaries of Virar, here’s a list of things that make this place a hidden treasure.

Temples and churches

The first place I explored in Virar was the famous Jivdani, a beautiful temple located at a top of the hill in the Eastern part of the city. At first, I was terrified because I saw 1,375 steps that I had to climb to reach the temple. But upon reaching the summit, every step felt worth it! Now, they also have a lift that takes you to the top, right beside the temple. If you don’t want to miss the mesmerising views of nature, take the steps.
After getting down, I had my lunch and headed towards my next destination that was a 450 years old church named ‘Holy Spirit’. The gorgeous church was built by the Portuguese after their arrival to Vasai region. But, as per the locals, the church has undergone a lot of repairs and construction over the years. Trust me, it still looks astounding and is definitely worth a visit.
Joyville Virar
 Beaches

My second day of the trip was to two spellbinding beauties, one was Arnala beach and the other was Rajodi beach. Both had a lot in common: filled with teenagers, a serene environment, little food stalls, etc.  I enjoyed a lot with my cousins at the beaches, splashing water on each other and eating chaat was my most favourite and memorable moment.

Yazoo Park by Rustomjee

After a fun day at the beaches, my little cousins insisted me to take them to the Yazoo Park and as it was my last day in Virar, I accepted their request. We went to the park that is the centre of attraction in the city. The reason being is the rides at the park, the international rides here attract people from the nearby locations. There is also a floating restaurant inside the park wherein you can relish delicious food.
After this little adventure in Virar, I returned back to my place. But, the memories that I have collected are worth a lifetime. If you are a wanderer, you must definitely explore this hidden treasure of Mumbai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment